Becoming a regular cruise ship tourism destination is one of the strategic lines established by the Port Authority of Tarragona.
In order to achieve this objective, a work team has been set up led by the Port of Tarragona and with the participation of different institutions such as the Tarragona Provincial Council Tourism Board, the Tarragona Municipal Tourism Board, the Reus City Council, the Tarragona Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation, the URV Faculty of Geography and Tourism, the FEHT and PortAventura World Parks & Resort.
To this end, the Tarragona Cruise Port Costa Daurada brand was created to promote the territory and position itself as a solid alternative in the Mediterranean for tourist cruises.
Thanks to the spectacular Roman archaeological legacy,
Tarragona has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
If you want to travel back in time, Tarragona is your destination. Tarragona is culture, beauty, history, sun and sea.
When fate is a good thing
- Thanks to the spectacular Roman archaeological legacy, Tarragona has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Quiet and very safe location.
- Excellent and wide range of vacations:
- Delicious Mediterranean climate and dream beaches
- An important medieval and modernist legacy to visit
- A great gastronomic richness around the Mediterranean cuisine, wine, cava and oil
- A wide range of leisure activities (reference theme park in Europe, water parks, golf, mountain sports, beaches,...)
- The whole region has a long tradition and experience in visitor service.
- All the flexibility and originality to adapt the offer of the territory to the needs of the cruise passengers.
Advantages to dock in Tarragona
- Quay exclusively for cruise ships
- Passenger terminal
- Attractive discounts on port fees
- Exclusive access through the outer port
- Moorings available
- Easy clamping operations
- Easy handling of administrative procedures
- Parking and waiting area for buses
- Free tourist information on board
- Possibility of shuttle service to the city centre
The Costa Daurada is the coastal area located in the northernmost part of southern Catalonia. The capital is Tarragona and its area of influence is divided into six counties and 131 municipalities.
Its privileged location allows it to have a very varied territory, from the mountain to the coast, bathed by the Mediterranean Sea. On the coast, the blue of the sea that bathes the beaches dominates spectacularly, contrasting with the brightness of the sand and the orange color it takes at sunset.
This region is a territory with a lot to discover and a surprisingly wide range of tourist attractions, capable of satisfying the most demanding expectations of its visitors at any time of the year. The delicious southern climate, the friendliness of its people, the safety of its surroundings, the numerous shopping options and its wonderful gastronomy make the Costa Daurada one of the most exceptional destinations in the Mediterranean.
Tarragona is an excellent destination to add to any Mediterranean cruise itinerary. Open to the sea, with 14 kilometres of coastline, it has a climate of mild temperatures, with an annual average of 17º and 2,700 hours of sunshine a year. Tarragona has magnificent communications that place it only 1 hour from Barcelona:
HOW TO GET THERE
Tarragona has excellent road connections to other major cities through an extensive network of first class roads and motorways.
The train station and the Port of Tarragona are connected to other main cities and towns in the region.
Reus Airport, the closest airport to the city of Tarragona, is only 15 minutes away by car; Barcelona Airport is only 1 hour away; and Girona Airport is only 2 hours away.
Tarragona's magnificent port facilities can accommodate everything from large cruise ships to small pleasure craft.